Thursday, October 12, 2017

Raisa's Recap - New York Comic Con 2017



Wonderland Novels attended NYCC last week, Friday and Saturday. It was an amazing experience, and I definitely recommend that everyone should try to go.

First off, I cosplayed both days. Friday I went as a Follower of the Apocalypse from Fallout: New Vegas, and Saturday I was Mitsuha Miyamizu from Your Name. My cosplays weren't as complex and detailed as the others I saw, but still, a few people recognized me and asked for pics!





This year was a lot more organized in terms of entering - there wasn't quite a mob at one entrance, and there were two entrances depending on where you came from. I wasn't able to snag a copy of Tamora Pierce's Tempests and Slaughter and Marissa Meyer's Renegades right at the start, but I was able to as the con progressed! It's all about being at the right place at the right time. 

It was also the first time I attended a panel at Comic Con. I had to go to the Enchanted Entanglements panel featuring some of my favorite authors. Victoria Schwab! Katherine Arden! Tamora Pierce! The panel itself was really interesting and it was awesome to hear their thoughts on fiction and the writing process. 


For me, while it's always fun to go to ARC drops and book and swag giveaways, it was also equally as fun to spend time outside the book section. I finally went to Artist Alley, and although I was unable to get any artwork, I took down some artist's names that I will look into for future fandom stuff! There were also a ton of interactive booths - I did a lot of photo booths and there was even a t-shirt making booth! Plus, an adorable Rilakkuma museum with a tea set you could take pictures with.


Here are some of my favorite cosplays - Morrigan from Dragon Age, a Sailor Moon VHS, Ramsay Bolton from Game of Thrones, and the Javits Center (that one tops it, haha)




All in all, it was a marvelous experience and I'm going again next year! Hopefully for all four days! (Though my back won't be so happy about that haha). Finally, some pics of my book haul that I somehow managed to take home with me without my back giving out. As well as my favorite buys/swag. 


1 comment:

  1. This event looks so much fun. Thanks for sharing the photos. I am a collector of rilakkuma--I have a rug for my office, lots of little plush, and a tote bag. Love the book haul.

    ReplyDelete