Thursday, June 2, 2016

[Review] Earth's End (Air Awakens #3) by Elise Kova

Earth's End by Elise Kova
Series: Air Awakens #3
Version: Paperback
Rating: 5 stars
Published: February 11th 2016

Goodreads Synopsis:
A woman awoken in air, a soldier forged by fire, a weapon risen from blood.
Vhalla Yarl has made it to the warfront in the North. Forged by blood and fire, she has steeled her heart for the final battle of the Solaris Empire’s conquest. The choices before Vhalla are no longer servitude or freedom, they are servitude or death. The stakes have never been higher as the Emperor maintains his iron grip on her fate, holding everything Vhalla still has left to lose in the balance.


I actually read Earth's End several months ago but couldn't review it because of school. Poo. As per usual, another lovely read.

I'll talk about the things I really liked so I don't go off into rambleville.


1. Jax
This guy. From the moment we were introduced to him, I already had that feeling that he was going to hit the "favorite Air Awakens" character list. Blunt, charming, flirtatious, and crazy. Perfect guy right here. He's the humor and the madness.

Some of my favorite Jax scenes/lines.
The man tilted his head. "You show up as if you materialize from the wind itself, to save the life of the crown prince whom you jumped off the side of the Pass in an attempt to save. You're unassuming, you're filthy, and you're soaked in what I can only presume to be the blood of our enemies." A grin slowly spread across Jax's face, like that of a rabid beast. "Who said anything about being disappointed?"

"You two move well together," Baldair said ineloquently.
"Must have great sex," Jax snickered from Aldrik's right. 

2. The angst. But that's a terrible thing to like (aka Raisa likes pain and tears)
I won't spoil it, but the last few chapters made me wail like a big baby. I still have tears in my eyes (or that feeling of dread), every time I look back at that scene. It's also the scene that made me realize Baldair is growing on me too. But still. The tears.



3. Vhalla/Aldrik
THE TWO OF THEM ARE PERFECT. They bring out the best in each other. Both badass and both incredibly protective of each other. I'm so glad this book was where they finally got together.

Some other noteworthy things:
But the Emperor... what a vile human being. He's definitely got a lot of manipulative cunning, I'll give him that.
I don't ship Daniel/Vhalla. Just, no. But Daniel you're definitely best friend material.

Onwards to Water's Wrath! The cliffhangers of Elise's books... glad there's not much wait time in between!


No comments:

Post a Comment