Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday (12) - Top Ten Historical Fiction I've Read/Want to Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a an original feature/ weekly meme that was created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new topic is presented and this week's is: 


Top Ten Historical Fiction I've Read/Want to Read




This past January I went on a historical fiction binge, so this TTT post came in at the right time! I still haven't read all the historical fiction I wanted to, but I'll get to it soon enough. There's also some other h.f. I want to read in the future... So without further ado, here's my list!

Divided into the top five books I've read and the top five books I want to read in the future!

The Top Five Historical Fiction Books I've Read 


1. Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys

2. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys 
Let this be known that I am a fangirl for anything Ruta Sepetys writes!

3. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

4. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
I also love anything by Khaled Hosseini. Provocative works on periods not focused on history class are my weakness. 

5. Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
My friend showed me this and it opened me up again to medicine and its more emphatic side. 


Honourable Mention: Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin
Alternate historical fiction counts, right? And alternate historical fiction with badass heroines plotting the downfall of the terrible Nazis is always a plus in my book!

The Top Five Historical Fiction Books on My TBR

1. Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys
The last in the Ruta Sepetys collection!

2. The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye 
Russian royalty and fiction is my love ever since I wrote that paper on Catherine the Great... I am so excited for this book.

3. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Given my track record with loving anything written in the WWII era, I'm quite excited to read this book. 

4. Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee
YES more books featuring Asian history! Also apparently for fans of Code Name Verity.

5. And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
The last book I need to read to complete the Khaled Hosseini collection.

I highly recommend the books I've read, and I'm sure the books I'm going to read will be just as great! Historical fiction is an awesome genre, bringing awareness to subjects people usually don't read about. Even if you're not a history buff, these will be eye-opening books.




2 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything off your list, haha! But a few are on my TBR, including Wolf by Wolf, The Crown's Game, and Codename Verity. Hopefully I'll enjoy WbW as much as you did :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me what you think of WbW! And I'm actually starting Code Name Verity in a few days :D

      Delete