Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Raisa's Recap - Launch Party for Passenger and Truthwitch at Books of Wonder

It's been a long week full of applications and other college related things, but last week I went to Books of Wonder in NYC for the Launch Party for Passenger and Truthwitch! Books of Wonder itself is a great bookstore, because a lot of their books are signed copies. They have many events that you can check out on their page over here, and I most likely will be going to The Girl From Everywhere/These Vicious Masks Launch Party next. 
All these signed copies are amazing!
But the main point is, I got to meet three awesome authors and hear them discuss their books. Erin Bowman, author of Vengeance Road, moderated the event and asked Susan Dennard (author of Truthwitch) and Alexandra Bracken (author of Passenger) questions in a cool Q&A. Audience members got to ask questions too! 
Left to Right - Alexandra Bracken, Susan Dennard, Erin Bowman
Finally, the moment we've all been waiting for... the book signing itself! I got my copies Passenger, Truthwitch, and my ARC of Vengeance Road signed. And... I got swag along with each book too. 

Vengeance Road bookmark and sticker! 
Erin Bowman
Susan Dennard
Truthwitch map and charm
Alexandra Bracken
Passenger bookmark and swag


I don't have any pictures, but I also met some blogger buddies for the first time today! Mariam, Alexandra, Brittany, and anyone else I missed, it was nice to meet you and I hope we see each each other soon. 

I also read Truthwitch and Vengeance Road, so expect my reviews sometime this month. This book signing/launch party was awesome, and I can't wait to go to more soon.


5 comments:

  1. Ahh it sounds like you had a lot of fun! You're so lucky that you got to meet all three authors! I'm going to a signing this Friday, but its a signing just for Alexandra Bracken. Also, good luck with your applications!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have fun at your book signing as well :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, Launch Party for Passenger and Truthwitch at Books of Wonder looks fabulous. I had such a nice time watching the photos. You all truly had a blast over there. I also would be hosting the launch party for my new blog and planning to invite all my near and dear ones so would be booking one of the best rental spaces for parties.

    ReplyDelete