Thursday, July 31, 2014

July Book Haul & Roundup


July went by in the blink of an eye! July is my favorite month, but this was my first time working over the summer, so things were a little hectic and different. So earlier today I realized it was already July 31st (Nooo :-() and thought I'd do a roundup of all the books I got throughout the month.

Not pictured: Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld


 Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld
Scott was signing copies of Afterworlds at BEA/Bookcon but unfortunately I missed him there. However, earlier this month I was able to win a copy from Grace, a fellow book blogger.

The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa
This is one of my favorite series written by one of my favorite authors. I had read this book on my kindle the day it was released a few years back, but Yiling got me a print copy for my birthday! I reread it and it rekindled my love for The Iron Fey series.

Diamonds in the Rough by Michelle Madow
This book was actually my Waiting on Wednesday a few weeks ago, and I was lucky enough to get an ARC of it from the author. It reminds me so much of Gossip Girl, which was my favorite TV show for a while.

The Girl Who Never Was by Skylar Dorset
A few years ago, I had an obsession with faery YA novels and this will be my first faery series in a long time so I'm excited to revisit the faery world. :-)

The Fever by Megan Abbott
I have never heard of the author prior to winning this novel from a fellow book blogger, Alexis, but it looks different from what I normally read and a good change of pace.

The Beautiful Ashes by Jeaniene Frost
Fantasy is my favorite genre, and although I mainly stick to YA, the synopsis looks so interesting and the cover is absolutely beautiful!

The Young World by Chris Weitz
I'm really picky about Dystopian novels, especially since there are so many of them lately, but I've heard great things about Chris Weitz and his writing!

Unfortunately, due to work, I haven't been able to finish all of them yet, but I'm hoping to make a dent on that "TBR" list soon.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment